Saturday, September 5, 2009

LeBron talks to New York Times about his new memoir

LeBron James' memoir, Shooting Stars, comes out Tuesday, and today he's in the New York Times talking about it.

LeBron takes the NYT reporter on a poignant tour of Akron, from basketball practices at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School to the tiny public housing apartment where he lived in high school and middle school:

“That’s where I lived from 6th grade until 12th,” he said. “Spring Hill 602. The apartment was about 300 square feet, but the great thing was that from up there, you could see part of the city. This was where the stability started. I knew my mom was going to be there every single day. I had my own key that I wore around my neck. Having your own key to your own crib — that’s the greatest thing in the world. And you learn responsibility, because you don’t dare lose that key.”

He paused a moment and said, shaking his head, “My house now is almost as big as this whole place.”


You can read the article here (registration required).

No comments: