Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mike Polk on his Hastily Made videos, Positively Cleveland's contest, and haters

Fox 8 must be following us on Twitter! They got Mike Polk to talk about his Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Videos. "If we can all laugh at each other and with each other, I think it's rather cathartic," says the comedian and viral video creator.

He reacts to Positively Cleveland's competing video contest, which we reported on yesterday. "That's exciting," Polk says. "I hope that some people really submit some good things. And I hope that it's effective and everybody moves back [to Cleveland]."

Reporter Suzanne Stratford takes a laptop with her to get man-on-the-street reactions to Polk's videos. A guy at the Barking Spider says you ought to be able to make fun of your hometown. A guy on East 4th Street disagrees. "It's almost like a hate video," he says. "It's a travesty that someone who lives here would think that way."

Polk, tastefully clad in a wife-beater T-shirt, picks up on the hate theme. "I've actually gotten some death threats," he says.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS! FUNNY! TRUE! I mean, what can I say? I live in LA and moved from Cleveland. I miss my family and friends, but I don't miss the city - the weather, the obsessive smoking, drinking, eating, Lake Erie, the two buildings.

OH, BUT JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS I'M A CAVALIER FAN SURROUNDED BY STUPID LAKER FANS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike Polk has a wonderful sense of humor, and I hope that his video dosn't turn people against Cleveland.

By the way, I must criticize him for his line "Check out both of our buildings." There aren't two major skyscrapers. He left out a third: The BP Building. Any Clevelander can see the third tower from the freeway.

Yes, Key Tower and the Terminal Tower are both taller, but The BP Building is sizeably tall. Tall enough to stick out plain as day.

...........better go back and re-tape that video, Mike!